The Christmas period is more stressful because of the combination of school holidays, summer holidays and Christmas celebrations. My friend Robyn Malcolm (one of the most practical and devoted mothers I know) told me her tricks:
• Shop off-peak: Stores are excessively crowded in December, but not as much in the early morning or late night period
• Chop food beforehand (even a day or two in advance) and assemble on the day
• Cook and freeze your meals early
• Make a detailed list of things to do and group similar tasks together
• Buy during sales and store things away.
If you like this tip please share it with your friends and colleagues.