Your Business Quick Tip Alert from Debbie Mayo-Smith
Vol 17 No#154 – August 21st 2018
- Two Great Yet Simple Excel Tips
- Turn Your Phones “Do Not Disturb” On at Night
- Creating “Folders” in Gmail
- Travelling Overseas – Best Phone Tip
Two Great Yet Simple Excel Tips
- Wrap Text. You’ll love this if you don’t know it (yet)! Ever have one cell with lots of text? You don’t want part to be hidden behind the adjoining column nor show in front of it. Instead you can wrap the text into multiple lines within that one cell. Moving the left or right margin enables you to increase/decrease the width. You’ll find Wrap Text in the Home Ribbon, Alignment menu.
- Line Break.Alternatively have the information appear on separate lines within the same cell with line breaks.
- Double-click the cell in which you want to insert aline break.
- Click the location where you want to breakthe line.
- Press ALT+ENTER to insert the line break.
Turn Your Phones “Do Not Disturb” On At Night
Creating “Folders” in Gmail
Are you saving emails in Gmail, but your inbox is in the thousands now? Why not create ‘folders’ to put them away for storage?
These folders are called Labels. You take the email, drag and drop it into the label. It is moved from the main Gmail inbox and will only show when you click the label (along with all the other ones within that label). Even better, once you create that label (it will show in the left navigation pane) if you click on the three dots, you have the option of assigning a colour to it.
Traveling Overseas – Best PHone Tip
One of the best tips you’ll get this year is when you land (where ever you’re going) is to buy a local prepaid sim card for your smartphone. Never more than $15-$30, you’ll get a months’ worth of local calls but more importantly at least one to 15 gigs of data. The network THREE one I bought in the UK gives mobile broadband throughout the EU AND many other countries in the world including NZ, Aus and USA!!!!
Don’t want to take the sim card out of your phone because you’ll need it for home calls? Take along an old phone or buy a cheapie one – you’ll be able to use it on future trips.
You Never Know Who Knows Whom
New? Subscribe Now
Join Debbie on Instagram| Website|LinkedIn| Speaking
Where’s Debbie| Newsletter Sign-upPublished by Debbie Mayo-Smith.
International Motivational Business Speaker and Author
35 Chelmsford Ave, Glendowie, Auckland NZ. Phone +64 27 575 5359
Copyright 2018 Mayo-Smth Limited. All rights reserved
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose any personal information you provide to us