Your Business Quick Tip Alert from Debbie Mayo-Smith
Vol 17 No#155 – 24th October 2018
- COLOUR YOUR EMAILS!
- VOICE! Have Your Emails & Word Doc’s Read to You
- Don’t Tab Tab Tab in Excel
- Outlook and Excel Quick Tip Lessons
- A Very Quick Smartphone Tip
- Are You Promoting Your Business On Social Media?
COLOUR YOUR EMAILS!
Not using colour to help differentiate your emails? You’re missing a lovely opportunity for making important (or not) ones stand out.
Outlook 2010-16. View Ribbon > Conditional Formatting.
Gmail. A three-step process.
- Create a label (the equivalent to Outlook folders) from the top toolbar when you click on an email.
- Right click the label in the navigation pane to assign it a colour.
- Create a filter (the equivalent of Rules in Outlook) to apply the label when the condition is met by incoming emails. You’ll find filters by clicking the gear > settings > Filters and blocked addresses
Bonus – Google Drive – Colour your folders by right (or control) clicking the folder and select the colour.
VOICE! Have Your Emails & Word Doc’s Read to You
If you use Outlook 2016 have you noticed a dramatic change to your Ribbon that appeared out of the blue?
What do you think of the new big, dumbed down icons? I’m not a fan.
One thing is new though. The addition of the Large A – Read Aloud (speech menu) in the ribbon.
Have you tried it? Perhaps useful if you want to multitask like cleaning your desk, petting the dogs, making school and work lunches for the next day while your computer reads your emails or your Word documents to you (ever so slowly though).
Outlook: Home Ribbon > Speech menu > Read Aloud
Word: You’ll find Read Aloud in the Review Ribbon
Don’t Tab Tab Tab in Excel
Outlook and Excel Quick Tip Lessons at Your Desk and Leisure
A very quick smartphone tip
Are You Promoting Your Business on Social Media?
You’d be amazed how many hours and hours is spent on social media networks. Facebook has 3.2 million Kiwi users while Instagram has more than a million. For many businesses, your prospective customers eyes are on these sites. If you’re not actively promoting yourself on social media, you could be missing a great opportunity. We’ve partnered with NZ educator Netmarketing Courses to offer their courses to our subscribers — details here: http://socialmedia.org.nz/successis/
Published by Debbie Mayo-Smith.
International Motivational Business Speaker and Author
35 Chelmsford Ave, Glendowie, Auckland NZ. Phone +64 27 575 5359
Copyright 2018 Mayo-Smth Limited. All rights reserved
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose any personal information you provide to us