Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 19 No #182 – 28th May 2020
- Google Maps – Measuring Distance
- Translate My Document
- Explore Live Nature Cams
- Let Microsoft Read To You
- Today – An Excel Tip You’ll Love
- Plastic Free July
- Training With Debbie
1. Google Maps – Measuring Distance
Ever wonder how far you’ve walked or biked? The size of a property? Want to know the size of a roof or lawn? Let Google Maps help you.
Simply right click on a spot to start measuring distance on the map. Each click sets a pin that can be adjusted. The distance will show in miles and kilometres.
2. Translate My Document
A recent MS Office update added a new feature (at least I think it’s new!). Translate.
Any document can be translated instantly into another language. Don’t worry, it opens the translated version as a new document. Try to read your new one using your school Spanish or French 😊 Review Ribbon > Language Menu >Translate
3. Today. A Wee Excel Tip You’ll Love
Would you like the current date to always appear in an Excel spreadsheet? Simply type this into the cell. =Today() and hit enter.
4. Explore Live Nature Cams
Bears. Eagles. Tropical Reefs. There’s an enormous list of worldwide live cams with many types of animals. This might be a fun rainy day activity for children. Explore Live Nature Cams
Don’t miss ths one. The Royal Cam – Dunedin Royal Albatross Colony
The live webcam is focused on a young albatross atop a hill with the city in the background. Watch the juvenile albatross or voyeuristically check the Dunedin weather. https://www.doc.govt.nz/royalcam
5. Let Microsoft Read To You
I don’t know if this is useful or plain creepy – but in Windows 10 you can have Word, Outlook read content out loud to you
- Word > Review Ribbon > Speech Menu > Read Aloud.
- Outlook Message > Speech Menu > Read Aloud.
- 365 Word and OneNote online, go to the Search Bar > type Immersive Reader.
6. Plastic Free July
Covid-19: Devastating economies; benefiting the environment. Read here about the Himalaya Mts. returning to view for the first time in 30 years as pollution falls.
Plastic Free July will be with us soon. I know going completely plastic free is currently impossible and we are all pretty stressed at the moment. But tiny little steps can add up.
Over the next two months you’ll learn little, painless changes we can all make to help reduce our single use plastic consumption – for all the reasons you know.
For our first easy, easy, easy step, at least for the month of July, please switch to bars of soap; replacing liquid body and hand washes sold in plastic containers.
You might think ‘my one plastic container won’t count’. But it will!!! Let’s say each subscriber has two showers and two sinks and uses two containers for each a month . If most take up this wee challenge, that is 8 plastic bottles x 16,000 people. 128,000 less plastic containers put into the trash in one month.
Want to find out more?
- Website www.plasticfreejuly.org
- Facebook NZ https://www.facebook.com/PlasticFreeJulyAotearoa/
- Facebook Australia and rest of world https://www.facebook.com/PlasticFreeJuly/
I’d LOVE to know what you plan on doing – let me share your ideas with the newsletter community.
7. Training With Debbie: One to One. Small through Large Groups.
Online. Webinar. In-house
In this time of stress, it’s more important than ever to work effectively and efficiently. To reduce time wasted mucking about with software. To take the right steps to grow business and communicate well.
Let me help. I’m extremely experienced, having delivered online training for over 10 years and have an intimate knowledge of software; shortcuts and building business. All training is bespoke with many options available to mix and match. Just have a look below!!
Call 64 27 575 5359 or email firstname.lastname@example.org now for a chat and quote.
- Outlook Ease Your Pain: Conquer Your Email Overload
- Outlook: Enhance Your Gain: Contacts. Tasks. Calendar.
- Gmail, Google Contacts and Calendar:
- Outlook.com: Working Smarter and Faster
MS Office Mastery
- Winning Word Documents
- Excel – not just for numbers
- Fabulous Tips Tricks, Shortcuts for Databases And Lists
- Powerfully Persuasive PowerPoint Presentations
- Effective Communication: Art of Persuasion
- Ease Your Work Life Imbalance
Technology & Business Improvement
- Understanding Tomorrows Technology Today
- Understanding Technology Disruption
- Fabulous Tips Tricks & Secret Apps:
- Microsoft Office 365
- Google Drive
- The best of MS Office 365 and Google Drive
- Profits. Promotion. Productivity.
- SMARKETING Clever Sales and Marketing for Small Business
- How To Write, Send, Manage The Perfect Business Client Newsletter (two parts)
- Google My Business: Get A Top Google Ranking And Free Advertising
Call Debbie Today: 64 27 575 5359 or email email@example.com