Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 19 No #184 – 25th June 2020
- Portrait and Landscape Pages in One Document
- Join Me Plastic Free July
- Excel Goodie!!!
- 50+ Tips And Tricks To Make The Most Of Your Iphone
1. Portrait and Landscape Pages in One Document
OMG!!! How annoying is it when you need to do a document with different page orientations? That darn table that is a bit tooooo wide for the page. But your other text fits in fine!
So how do you solve this hair pulling exercise of mixing your page layout?
I’ve got an easy peasy way to do it. You just need to know a wee secret. That secret is called section breaks.
There are four kinds of section breaks in MS Word (Gmail too):
- Next Page New section following page.
- Continuous New section same page.
- Even Page New section – next numbered page
- Odd Page New section on the next odd-numbered page.
To insert a landscape page in between two vertical pages you use a continuous page break.
Layout Ribbon> Page Setup menu > Breaks > Continuous Break. Insert one above and below where you want your landscape page. Then in between the two Continuous breaks – go to Orientation and select Landscape.
File > Page Set Up (please note, I couldn’t get the orientation to go landscape.
I recently wrote and presented a financial services MS Word Mastery training session. If you’d like a Word Mastery workshop / webinar – email for a quote now
2. Please Join Me! Plastic Free July
Are you interested in using less plastic? Please, please, please be thinking to yourself yes!!! Then what can be better than joining a worldwide movement called Plastic Free July?
But First Why?
- The next time you’re at the supermarket, really look at all the containers and packaging. Plastics never die. Toxins are released.
- Care about your health? Do an internet search about the chemicals that leach from plastics that we and children eat. Here’s one from the Guardian – Food Packaging Is Full of Toxic Chemicals
Plastic Free July does not mean going cold turkey on plastics. It’s about reducing; reusing. Please go to the Plastic Free July website to learn more about the solutions that suit you.
Sign up for the month-long challenge of using less disposable plastic. It can be as simple as re-using your water bottle for a month; bringing your own coffee cup. Switching from liquid soap to bars. How about buying drinks and food in glass jars instead of plastic ones?
Join the Plastic Free July Challenge
Australia – and worldwide links:
- Plastic Free July https://www.plasticfreejuly.org/
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/PlasticFreeJuly/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/plasticfreejuly/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/company/plastic-free-july/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/PlasticFreeJuly
New Zealand Facebook Page
3. EXCEL GOODIE!!
4. 50 Tips And Tricks To Make The Most Of Your Iphone
The title says it all, don’t you think?
Instead of drip feeding you tip by tip over the coming months, here’s this full article I just found. How many of the fifty are you already doing? Read it here. Let me know your favourite.