Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 20 No #200 – 6th July 2021
- Communication Tip
- 5 Incredibly Useful Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts
- Don’t Get Hacked- Cyber Security Webinar
- Want Office Emails to Get Proper Attention
- Cauliflower Tricks
- A Small Win
- Lunchtime Online Presentation – Better Health with Sprouts and Fermentation
1. Communication Tip
Stop self-deprecation. Be aware that you might have some phrases, nervous laughs and other verbal or visual paraphernalia you subconsciously use to make yourself less important.
- ‘Hi, it’s only me . . .’ is the worst offender – why is it ‘only’ you?
- Don’t overuse the word ‘just’, as in ‘I was just going to ask you . . .’, ‘I just wanted to say . . .’ and ‘If I could just have a word . . .’
2. Five Incredibly Useful Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts
Move around Chrome like lightning! For Mac’s replace the Ctrl key with the “Command” key.
- Ctrl+Tab: Switch to the next tab on the right.
- Ctrl+Shift+Tab. Switch to the next tab on the left.
- Ctrl+N: Quickly open a new Chrome window with this shortcut.
- Ctrl+Shift+N: Open Incognito mode with this shortcut.
- Ctrl+T: This keyboard shortcut lets you open a new tab.
3. Don’t Get Hacked- Cyber Security Webinar
We will run this webinar on 18 August. The details will be up soon on the website but in the interim, why not email me to secure your place. We are limiting numbers. The registration will be $35.00 plus GST per person. Secure my place Debbie
4. Want Office Emails to Get Proper Attention
Why not institute a policy at your office of prefacing interoffice email subject lines with 3 different acronyms.
- FYI – for your information
- FYA – for your action
- UA – Urgent attention
5. Cauliflower Tricks
While being introduced at a conference last week, the M.C. raved about this newsletter and said her favourite article of all time was how to cut a cauliflower 8 ways with zero waste. I know. I know. This is a business newsletter, but as it appeared years ago, I thought to repeat it now.
Cauliflower Tricks 3 minutes and 52 seconds. My favourite bits start at 45 seconds and 3:05
6. A Small Win
Well, Plastic Free July has started. While it isn’t feasible to go plastic free –you can make small swaps. I had a wonderful win with my daughter Liz. She was adamant that bar soap dries one’s skin so you must use liquid soap.
I bought her a lovely smelling luxury bar at Adair’s, and asked her, no – begged her to switch out her liquid plastic bottle for the month.
She did it and her comment was she loves it and it makes the whole bathroom smell wonderful.
Get ideas and join the challenge here: http://bit.ly/pfjaa
7. Lunchtime Online Presentation – Better Health with Sprouts and Fermentation
In the spirit of Plastic Free July, one of the swaps you can make is to grow/bake/make your own food.
For years I have been growing sprouts and microgreens. Brewing probiotics (ginger beer, milk kefir, kombucha), making sauerkraut and since covid, baking sour dough bread.
To have a little fun over lunchtime and be introduced to how easy it is to do it yourself – register now. Space is limited to the first 99. Be quick – this newsletter goes to over 17,0000.
What: Sprouting, Gut Health and Fermentation Intro
Date: Wednesday 28 July
Time: NZ Time 12-12:30 pm
Cost: No Charge
Register Now https://forms.gle/6F2hzbhb9rVqQ12q6