Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 20 No #201 – 13th July 2021
- Don’t Get Hacked – Cyber Security Webinar
- Change Email Subject Lines
- Complimentary Lunchtime Live Online Presentation
- Do You Know This Excel Trick?
- Zoom – Teams Meeting Presentation Tip
1. Don’t Get Hacked – Cyber Security Webinar
How would you feel; what would you do if your email, your documents and your financials disappeared?
The recent cyber-attacks at Waikato DHB and Kaseya highlight the damage that can caused by cybercrime.
We are running a webinar to help you understand the different threats and intrusion techniques you and your business face and what you can and shouldn’t do to protect yourself.
When: 18th August 2021, 1pm NZST
Investment: $35.00 plus GST per person
2. Change Email Subject Lines
Last week you would have read the suggestion to preface interoffice email subject lines with different acronyms. For example FYI for your information and FYA for your action.
But what if it is an existing email subject line that you’d like to alter?
Here is how you can change email subject lines:
- Outlook: Simply open the email. Highlight the subject and start typing. Hit Save. Close the email.
- Gmail: After you click the reply or forward arrow, next to your email address is a little drop-down arrow. Click it and one of the options is Edit subject
3. Complimentary Lunchtime Live Online Presentation
In the spirit of Plastic Free July, one of the single use plastic swaps you can make it to grow/bake/make your own food.
If you’d like a little fun over lunchtime, and an introduction to the ease of growing sprouts, making your own ginger beer, kombucha, sourdough and other fermented food and drinks – join in and register now. Space is limited to the first 100. Be quick – this newsletter goes to over 17,0000.
What: Sprouting, Gut Health and Fermentation Intro
Date: Wednesday 28 July
Time: NZST 12-12:30 pm
Cost: No Charge
4. Do You Know This Excel Trick?
Turn any Excel spreadsheet into a chart instantly simply by hitting F11. Go on. Try it!!
5. Zoom – Teams Meeting Presentation Tip
If you are sharing your screen online and using PowerPoint, be sure to remove your fancy transitions and animations. Transitions are when you click from one slide to the next. Animations is movement on the slide (text appearing, disappearing, images added). Why? Because of the delay caused by internet transmission so to speak.
I suggest setting your slide transition to none (Transitions Ribbon) and your Animations to simply appear or disappear (Animations Ribbon).