Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 20 No #202 – 3rd August 2021
- Don’t Get Hacked Webinar
- Three Fabulous Web Browsing Tips
- Communicating More Persuasively
- Health & Wellbeing Presentation & Activity
- Word & Google Doc Tip
- Remove Samsung Keyboard Sound
1. Don’t Get Hacked Webinar
Don’t miss this webinar written and presented by (my husband) Steve. He’s both an experienced entertaining presenter and also a very experienced IT executive who ran IT departments as CIO for several of NZ’s largest entities.
Hacking has increased exponentially and really what on earth would you do if your email, documents, and your financials have disappeared?
Steve will help you understand the different threats you and your organisation face and what you can and shouldn’t do to protect yourself.
When: 18th August 2021, 1pm NZST
Investment: $35.00 plus GST per person
2. Three FABULOUS Web Browsing Tips
- Home will jump to the top of a webpage
- End will move to the bottom of a webpage
- Tabbing will move you from one hyperlink to another within a webpage (sometimes they’re hard to find). Mac’s – add Alt along with the Tab.
3. Communicating More Persuasively
Have you heard of the I/You Ratio? Before you read the answer, let me ask you another question.
When you are communicating – be it in conversation, a memo, presentation, email or (especially) marketing material such as a website or brochure – what does the other person care about? To be brief and succinct, the answer is Not you. It is Themselves.
Yet most communications that we prepare are from our perspective. They’re filled with I’s. We’s. Us’s. Instead, everything should be written spoken from their perspective. Change your I’s to You’s / Your.
- I: Our company is a great place to work
- You: You’ll love working here.
- I: We make it easy for you to deal with us
- You: You’ll find it easy dealing with us
- I: We’ll give you 15% off
- You: You get 15% off
- I: I wanted to let you know
- You: You’ll be interested to know
I dare you – go to your sent emails and company website now and have a look at the I/You ratio.
4. Health & Wellbeing Presentation & Activity
Does your company have regular staff education days? Are any coming up where you’d like a fun, interactive health & wellbeing activity and presentation? Please email me for information where everyone can learn how easy it is to do fabulous healthy food and drinks at home for pennies. email@example.com
5. Word & Google Doc Tip
When you insert an image or even an Excel graph into a document – you can make it more interesting with the cornucopia of things Word enables you to do.
Click on the image in your Word doc, the Picture Format Ribbon opens. Have a play! You can do things like:
- Remove the background
- Add borders, shadows, reflections
- Alter with artistic effects
- Wrap the image around text
In Google Docs, the options are more limited. Right click the Image – Select Image Options. Also with the image selected in the Format Ribbon, Select – Borders and Lines to add a border.
6. Remove Samsung Keyboard Sound
Just in case you have a Samsung; and just in case you still have the little beep with each key you press on the keyboard – here’s how to remove it:
Settings – Sounds and Vibrations – System sounds and vibration – uncheck Keyboard Sound