Your Business Quick Tip Alert from Debbie Mayo-Smith
Vol 17 No#153 – August 1st 2018
- How to Enjoy Your Photos Every Day
- How To Save Time in Meetings
- I Didn’t Know That Excel Trick
- Turn Your Contacts Into Your CRM program
- The 5 R’s
- Life Hack
1. How to Enjoy Your Photos Every Day
- For Windows > Right Click Screen > Select Personalise > Background > Slideshow > Browse and Select your album. Next select when to change photo (from 10 minutes to one day) then to shuffle (or not) and how to fit on your screen.
- For Apple > Right Click Screen > Change Desktop Background. Next select the directory with your photos, click a photo and select Change Picture checkbox.
2. How To Save Time in Meetings
3. I Didn’t Know That Excel Trick!!
4. Turn Your Contacts Into Your CRM program
One of the least used functions in Contacts is Categories, Groups in Apple and Gmail. This is a keyword or phrase that you can create and assign to a contact. Better yet, you can assign multiple categories/groups to each contact.
Categories are utterly brilliant because you can finely target specific people (clients, suppliers, prospects, distributors, different staff groups). By creating industry, occupation, interest, purchase, service categories, for example, in Outlook you can sort and view your contacts by category.
When you have your slim (or fat) slice of targeted individuals together – you can then run a personalised email merge to the individuals within that category in Outlook or in Gmail with an Add-on. Yes, that means if 15 people are assigned that category – you create 15 separate emails in one go instead of a single one copied to them all.
You’ll find categories in the Outlook Contact Home Ribbon under the Tag menu. It’s the square with six colours. Click it open, select All Categories and then type in your own unique ones. Mailmerge is also on the Contact Home Ribbon.
Gmail Groups is the icon with the small head and plus sign. You can download a chrome app to do the mailmerge with Google Docs.
P.S. Don’t forget if you use xero http://www.xero.com, you have the built in function of Groups.
5. The 5 R’s
6. Life Hack
Quick Reminder – A Healthier, Happier More Productive You Workshop
Staff will love the dual focus of improving office productivity as well as health and wellbeing. Julie Biuso, one of New Zealand’s best known and most respected culinary personalities and I are teaming up. Julie will educate on well being, focusing on healthy and economical eating and cooking as well as entertain with stories of cooking for celebrities, I’ll cover how to reduce stress and empower staff by conquering email and becoming a more effective communicator.