Your Business Quick Tip Alert from Debbie Mayo-Smith
Vol 17 No#144 – 19th January 2018
- Networking Tip
- A Great Post New Year Resolution
- Excel Tip: Conditional Formatting
- Conquer Email: Customised training in person or online
- 6 Health Quick Tips
- Where’s Debbie
Want to feel more at ease AND be more delightful to mingle with (while networking)? Ask interesting questions moving from past to present to the future. For example:
- Past – So you’ve been with the company x years. What changes have you seen?
- Present – What challenges do you have?
- Future – What trends do you foresee?
If you haven’t made a resolution; how about this simple one. Vow to use less disposable plastic this year. It could be as simple as buying yourself a lovely water bottle and refilling it (without cost) instead of buying water and adding another plastic bottle to the bin.
Think of the savings both for you and your environment!!! We now produce 20 times more plastic than we did in 1964, a vast rubbish-scape of bottles and wrapping and hard plastic lids that is expected to double in size in the next 20 years – and almost quadruple in size by 2050.
This photo shows the plastics found in the stomach of a single sea turtle
Conditional formatting is available in Excel. This allows you to color text, a cell or apply an arrow automatically to information that meets a criteria you set. For example the top 10% of sales. Sales by Tom. Amounts over or under $5000. Rank sales by size and so on.
Customised In-House training or private webinar
How effective is your performance? Top athletes declare their success is derived 99% from preparation and training.
How much training have you had / given your team/staff to with to work with the No#1 business communication tool? How effective is performance?
Why not bring me in to show staff how to free up at least two hours a week a year through better email management? I have written four best-selling books about it and my varied industry experience combined with intimate knowledge of business problems and email programs means I can create customised training for you with significant impact driving peak performance.
Each person will reduce stress; communicate better; keep on top of response management and opportunities.
Email me for a quote on customised training either in-person at your office or running it online firstname.lastname@example.org
Over the past month I’ve read through almost a dozen issues of Good Health Choices NZ magazine. Here is a small selection of helpful tips if one of your 2018 resolutions is to be slimmer.
- Downsize your plate – research suggests you’ll eat about 22% less if you eat from a 28 to 30cm dinner plate, rather than a larger one.
- Use a coloured plate such as red, research shows you’ll eat less than on a white plate
- Have a salad before lunch or dinner. It helps fill you up before you start eating higher calorie foods (you can make a large one that lasts a few days and dig into that for convenience)
- Set a curfew. Eat only during a 10-hour period – say 9-7; 8-6. This could cut your calorie intake by 20% and creates that fasting period mainly while you’re asleep that is popular now.
- Drink 3+ glasses of water a day (using that new water bottle you’ve just bought from above).
- My summer secret with small top bottles is to fill it 1/3 with water and leave in the freezer overnight for a cold refreshing treat. I then put it in a thermal sock (my kids do ridicule me over this) but it is superb from catching condensation and keeping it cold).
Email now for a speaking, training or private webinar quote email@example.com
As you can see I’m going to be in Fiji in 17-20 May; Copenhagen on the 25th of August and Boston on the 10th September. If you know of any organisation that is holding a conference or company that could use my training in any of those places – I would mightily appreciate a referral
|15-18 October||AAPM Conference||Canberra|
|26 Aug- 16 Sept||Overseas||Europe, USA|
|16 August||AAPNZ Conference||Wellington|
|10 August||Franchise Assoc Conference Tentitive||New Zealand|
|23-25 July||Horticulture New Zealand tentitive||New Zealand|
|15 June||SPANZ Administrative Conference||Queenstown|
|17-20 May||Fiji Institute of Accountants 46th Annual Congress||Fiji|
|11 April||Insurance Advisernet||New Zealand|
|27 February||AAPNZ Dunedin||Dunedin|
|26 February||PSC Connect||Auckland|
|12 February||Te Hekenga III||Tauranga|
|8 February||Australian Assoc. Practice Managers Conquer Email Webinar||Australia|
|25 January||Women in Project Management Leadership Summit||Auckland|
|16 January||Allied Medical Staff Conference||Auckland|
Published by SuccessIS.
Debbie Mayo-Smith International Motivational Business Speaker and Author,
35 Chelmsford Ave, Glendowie, Auckland NZ. Phone 64 9 575 5359.
Copyright 2018 SuccesslS. All rights reserved.
SuccessIS is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose any personal information you provide to us.