Stay in contact! Not just with clients, but with employees and your distributors also. Think of ways to prompt people. If it’s time for you to see them, send an emailor txt to let them know you’ll be calling shortly. Think of ways to bring clients back to you for repeat business.
An appointment or meeting
- Your investment is due for a quarterly/annual review
- Your polices are due for renewal
- New product or service that will be of interest, benefit to you
- Tax laws are changing, how you can protect your business
- New technology available that client will benefit from
A clients return visit
- Your car is due for servicingYour website needs updating
- Your teeth are due for a clean
- Your cat needs it’s vaccination
- Internet special – bring in printout for special offer
- New menu, new product
- Business succession planning discussion
Business in general
- Thanks for dining with us. Come in next Monday for a buy one, get one free dinner (build goodwill and fill empty seats on a slow night)
- Thanks for becoming a client. Bring in this email on your next visit for $5 off.
- Latest economic forecast (regurgitated from a financial companies’ report)
- Your stocked item should be running out, please reorder
- New service starting
- Education about your product
- Tell clients what their competition is doing
- Build goodwill through valuable information – such as business development tips to sole practitioners or small business owners
- Communicate with employees
- Run a quiz or contest with employees online
- Develop your distributors. Help make them better business people in general
- Educate your distributors about your products
- Give your distributors information to help their clients learn more about you
STRATEGY: Think of ways to prompt people. If it’s time for you to see them, send an email to let them know you’ll be calling shortly. Think of ways to bring clients back to you for repeat business.
ACTION: It might be unconventional to email thank you’s for business just completed, but
why not? It’s unusual, will make an impact and can be the beginning of an ongoing communication strategy with that client. Can you think of a better way to start off? Try it.