Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 21 No #223 – 13th December 2022
- Hop. Skip & Jump Across Your Screen
- How To Delay Sending Your Emails (Schedule Them Instead)
- Quick Microsoft Keyboard Trick You’ll Love
- 2023 Conferences & Training
- Nifty Word / Google Document Formatting Trick
- Holiday Notice – Self Employed or Small Business?
1. Hop. Skip & Jump Across Your Screen
A simply wonderful and abundant number of shortcuts appear when you hit the Alt key in Windows.
I’m not going to say one more thing yet – just try it and see what happens; you will simply LOVE this!!!
The letters/numbers that appear are what you hit next to complete the shortcut. For example Hitting Alt then the P that appears opens the Layout Ribbon. When you continue and jot the J it will take you to insert columns.
2. How To Delay Sending Your Emails (Schedule Them Instead)
Have you ever wanted to physically hit send on an email – and have it actually not leave your sent items immediately? You can!!!!
Gmail – When you go to hit send, you might not have noticed the wee little down arrow. If you click it – the menu for delaying that email opens. You can select one of the suggested times or select your own. Sweet.
Outlook – on the Message Ribbon (in an email), there’s a Tag Menu. Click the little down arrow in the right-hand corner. It opens a menu with an option to schedule the email send.
Remember (from previous newsletters) if you want to delay sending all your emails – you create a Rule to defer delivery by x number of minutes. Very useful when you do personalised email merging
3. Quick Microsoft Keyboard Trick You’ll Love
|Hitting the Window Icon key and the left or right arrow will move the window left or right.|
4. Conferences & Training
Are You Interested in Massive Yet Effortless Productivity / Business Gains?
Reduce stress. Empower staff. Increase productivity. Save time. Improve communication, sales, client service.
The education, always entertaining and inspiring can be conducted via in-house customised training; webinars; national seminar series and conference presentations.
The best part is you cherry pick the Microsoft software and outcomes you want the team to master in this 100% customised content.
For software smarts – pic and mix what you’d like covered within Microsoft and Google – or cover both.
- Outlook – Gmail
- Excel – Sheets
- Word – Doc’s
- PowerPoint – Slides
For improving business success
- How to be more memorable and persuasive
- Successful Email Marketing
- Profit. Promotion. Productivity
- Effective communication
5. Nifty Word / Google Document Formatting Trick
If you are having trouble lining up your content; or are tab, tab, tabbing – forgettabout it!!!! As the Italians would say.
Instead, insert a table and use that to line up your text and images beautifully. Each cell (the intersection of a row and column) can individually hold content. And here’s the thing:
- The most important fact – you don’t have to show borders so no one will ever know you have a table there.
- Columns and rows can be merged into each other.
- A single row or column can be split into more of each.
- Content (including images) can be aligned top, centre or bottom as well as left, centre and right in each cell.
6. Holiday Notice – Self Employed or Small Business?
Really take a break and don’t do emails. Instead let your clients know you’re away when they email you.
Set up an automatic Out of Office Autoreply.
Large companies have servers that automatically respond with one to incoming emails. You can do this too without a server.
- Gmail – All Settings (scroll to the bottom) Out of Office AutoReply
- Outlook – If your computer will be on and receiving emails while you’re away, create a rule to respond to incoming emails with a template you create. Have the rule set only for incoming emails when your name is in the To field.
- Alternatively create a rule on your ISP webmail account that sends the automatic reply to incoming emails. This will occur whether your computer is on or not.