Your Business Quick Tip Newsletter
Vol 20 No #196 – 13th April 2021
- How to Get More Responses to Your Emails
- Don’t Get Hacked
- How You Remove Oil / Grease Stains from Clothes
- Get More Done In Less Time
- Google Doc/Sheet/Slide Explore Feature
1. How to Get More Responses to Your Emails
How do you end your emails? With best or regards?
A survey (conducted by Boomerang) of 350,000 emails looked to see how particular closings impacted whether a message got a reply. They discovered that simply ending your email with an expression of gratitude can dramatically increase the likelihood of getting a reply.
“Emails where we detected a thankful closing saw a response rate of 62 percent. This compared to a response rate of 46 percent for emails without a thankful closing.”
- “Thanks in advance” had the highest response rate of all the closings at 65.7 %
- Emails that ended with a standard “Best” got answered just 51.2% of the time.
2. Don’t Get Hacked
(This is a great conference presentation we offer)
If you are like me, you have a hard time remembering your multitude of passwords; and don’t want to use Facebook for signing into websites and apps.
My I.T. husband Steve is continually lecturing with me about my use of simple / repetitive passwords that are extremely hackable.
Here’s a tip
- First pick a long phrase you’ll remember. Such as ilovemylaptop
- Next substitute some of the letters for numbers or symbols and use capitals. Such as !L0v3mYL@pT0P
- Also use a password manager such as 1password or Keeper.
3. How You Remove Oil / Grease Stains from Clothes
This is a tip passed on by my mother-in-law that for some strange reason really, really works. Put liquid dish soap on the stain and then put the article of clothing in your freezer removing it when you’re going to wash it.
You will be searching for the old stain that you now can’t find!!!
4. Get More Done In Less Time
It has been many, many years since I ran a public workshop in New Zealand or Australia.
I’m contemplating starting again – but of course thought to first check the feasibility.
Would something like this interest you?
Workshop: HOW TO FREE UP ½ AN HOUR A DAY!
Yes, interested in the productivity workshop
A treasure of practical, easy business changing walk around Microsoft Office and Google Drive to show productivity how-to’s. These gems focus on freeing up at least 20 to 25 minutes per day
Investment: Between $150 – $350 per person
When: June / July
Where: Major cities and regional – where demand is
Please if you are interested; the email link is below – just send me a no obligation yes; what city you’re and any comments you have. Again this is a hands up indication only.
5. Google Doc/Sheet/Slide Explore Feature
What you ask? If you look at the bottom right-hand corner of a Google doc; sheet or slide file, you’ll see a little plus sign. When you click or hover over it, it expands to say explore.
Depending what program you’re in, it offers suggestions such as slide design in Slides, charts and graphs in Sheets and even researching the content you’re writing about in Docs.